SC - Vegetable Warners

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Jan 17 07:32:29 PST 1999

dear Adamantius,

Yes, I see your reasoning about the color of the verjuice, but if you grew red
grapes (or purple, too, I'd guess) wouldn't you use what you had?  And doesn't
the word "green" also refer to unripe or young--as in a green cheese, or a
green goose?  Georgette Heyer in her Regency novels is always referring to
young girls as "green girls", and she was pretty good about her own period's
slang.

In fact, I had a long discussion with Cindy Renfrow about her using "blue
cheese"--i.e., Danish or moldy-type, instead of something like a young
mozzarella--in one of her redactions.  [The book called for 'a green cheese'.]

Devra the Baker