SC - Gunthar's coronation feast review

Mike Young uther at lcc.net
Mon Jan 18 06:01:24 PST 1999

I have seen many pictures of pipes that were used in Middle-Eastern
countries from the 10th century forward. By this I mean personal pipes
as we think of them today, not just the Hooka.  Did they use the
Tobacco/ dried fruit mixes that are commonly used today, or something
else?

HL Bonnie
Namron, Anst.

>In a message dated 1/17/99 2:14:27 AM Eastern Standard Time,
stefan at texas.net
>writes:
>
><< I don't have any info on tobacco, >>
>
>Sir Walter Raleigh popularized tobacco smoking in the Elizabethan era.
Before
>the discovery of the New World, indeed throughout history, until the
first
>third of this century, the most common smoking herbs were cannabis in
the form
>of hashish and opium.
>
>Early tobacco smokers used a pipe exclusively.
>
>Ras
SCA-Cooks".