SC - Smashed Swedes

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Jan 18 08:23:21 PST 1999

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999 06:49:49 -0600 (CST) alysk at ix.netcom.com (Elise
Fleming) writes:
>Beatrix wrote:
>
>>Fortunately, we had the lights off, and were eating by candle light,
>>so no one noticed my lack of etiquette.
>
>Humphf!  So your hosts had enough money to make you all dinner but
>couldn't provide enough illumination to see by??!?  Don't they know
>that making the hall as bright as day would show off their wealth and
>power far more than an extravagant meal that is poorly lit?  (my pet
>peeve)
>
>Alys Katharine

First of all, we were eating in the main hall of the local National Guard
Armory (read gym) and with the huge florescent lights off, the basketball
hoops and the ping pong tables weren't as noticeable.: )
Second, the current prince, who was there thinks that its more "period"
to eat by candlelight that overly bright florescent.
I would rather much eat by florescent myself, as I had to fight with my
two and a half year old so that we wouldn't burn the place down, or him.
: ( As it was, several candles were knocked down by passing platters, but
nothing serious happened. I'm going to bring up the fact we need more
stable candle holders at the next business meeting.

Beatrix
Oakheart, Calontir
Springfield, Mo