SC - Period Sausage

Knott, Deanna Deanna.Knott at GSC.GTE.Com
Mon Jan 18 11:43:14 PST 1999

> Tobacco is New World so they didn't use that. :-) They used, as I
> indicated in
> an ealier post, hashish and opium. Alcohol is forbidden by the Quran but
> herbs
> are not. :-)
>
> Ras

Depending on your religious sect, the Quran prohibits inebriation to
incapacitation, fermented grape juice, all alcohol, anything brewed, cooked
or distilled.  Today, most followers of Allah, fall into the no wine or no
alcohol camps.

You should have seen the fun I had trying to follow the religious arguments
for and against the use of coffee.

Bear