SC - is this a food term?

Linda Giddings McKeown at micronet.net
Tue Jan 19 04:02:21 PST 1999

Alison,

> Since I missed the start of this, what is a vegetable 'warner'?

It is term I have seen used to mean "edible sotoltie".  However, like Adamantius
I have not seen this particular term used in any of my period references.

I am doing a Feast of Illusion for our upcoming Valentine's Ball (in Polit,
Lochac) and as most of the recipes I have are for meat and sweets, I feel the
meal is a little unbalanced.

I have already incoprorated a salad and haslets "dreid fruits and nuts in a
batter which end up resembling intestines" but the only other vegetable uses my
cook can come up with is raw vegetables used as a forest, sheep and a picket
fence.  I have never seen this style of sotoltie used in a period reference and
so was hoping someone on this list may help.

We may end up simply using some vegetarian tart recipes but shaped unusually.

Regards
meliora.