SC - Corned beef

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 20 09:04:04 PST 1999

Hello All!

Well I'm beginning to gear up for my first Estrella and I have a  question
or two.

1.What is your favorite dinner to make for war? Especially  something that
won't take up  much cooler space! If it's period all the better. I've seen
Cardioc's and Stefan's files.. I'm looking for suggestions from everyone
else.  I'm only cooking for two  (except for 1 night.) so the easier the
better.

2.One of the site restrictions is  no ground fires. On of the classes being
held is Adapting Period Recipes for Open Fire/Dutch Oven Cooking  any idea
how this can be done with out violating the no ground fires rule?

3.Anyone coming to Estrella?? The cooks list meeting seems pretty small
right now.

one last note.
Mordonna thank you for the recipe  for the barbecue sauce for the Elk. I
haven't tried it yet but will soon.
I had been  hoping That  the esteemed Ras would come forward with
suggestions on the preparation of Elk , but I guess I was wrong.

Zoe Valonin the spice trader ( does this make me a medieval spice girl???)