SC - Perforated or covered vessel?

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Wed Jan 20 00:22:18 PST 1999

Margo Hablutzel wrote:

>> roast and steaks also separately?  I am not sure that tuna was eaten in
> period, it doesn't seem to be from the right places (could be wrong).

No, I'm pretty sure tuna is mentioned as a food in Taillevent's
"Viandier". Certainly it was caught and eaten by much of the coastal
Roman World. It also figures rather heavily in Chiquart's "Du Fait de
Cuisine", as the main fish ingredient in the fish-day version of his
Parmesan Pies, among other uses. I believe the feast Chiquart is writing
about, several years after the fact, took place in 1405 or so.
Technically not the 14th century, but sooo close.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com