SC - New pet peeve

Thu Jan 21 11:42:33 PST 1999

>Amazon has just sent me this information about this out of print
>cookbook. Frankly, it's too rich for my blood! If someone wants it,
>please go ahead and contact them
>

>     Title located:"Sallets, Humbles & Shrewsbery Cakes - a
>Collection of
>                    Elizabethan  Recipes Adapted for the Modern
>Kitchen."
>
>                        Price:  $83.99

Those interested in pristine copies and original editions should call.
I had a friend who put in a request to Amazon for a copy of a mystery
he'd read in his childhood. It was written by an author who had not
enjoyed continued popularity, by some small press, in paperback, on bad
paper and he couldn't find a library copy or a complete used copy to
re-read. Amazon finally contacted him with minimal information such as
they gave you, the price was in the thousands of dollars.  Turns out
they'd found the original hand-written manuscript. . .

Bonne