SC - Ladies event-update

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Jan 22 19:54:48 PST 1999

I know of three late period "Spanish" recipes for mustard.  (I use
quotation marks, because two of them, though appearing in a
Spanish cookbook, are referred to as French mustard.)  All of them
call for the mustard to be ground in a mortar.  One specifies that
the mustard should be well ground up, and it describes the result
as "polvo" -- powder.  The same recipe calls for honey to be added,
and lists "a little vinegar" as an optional ingredient, so I guess that
makes honey mustard period.

Brighid, who wishes she could still eat honey mustard

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net