SC - First Feast--Festival of Maidens

Jeff Heilveil heilveil at uiuc.edu
Sun Jan 24 14:35:36 PST 1999

Over on the Calonnet, we've been dicussing the Soup Kitchen. One of the
questions which came up was "why don't we make the food more period? This
is one of the  answers we got. The soup, jerky (which doesn't that term
come from the Carribian?) and stuff is fine, but I've tasted the
buisquit/sausage/cheese ball and thought they were horrible tasting. I
also can't recall (in my limited experence to be sure) seeing anything
remotely similar to this in medieval recipes. (which reminds me; recieved
Renfrow's 2nd ed. "Take a thousand eggs..., It's a really cool book,
Cindy!)
Beatrix (who is probably taking bigger bites than she can swallow, but
what the hey?)
Oakheart, Calontir
Springfield, Mo

- --------- Begin forwarded message ----------