SC - Soup Kitchen at Estrella (and other wars)

Margo Hablutzel margolh at nortelnetworks.com
Mon Jan 25 09:34:59 PST 1999

>It's been a while since I posted, but I wanted to let you all know about
>the feast I ran at fesitval of Maidens in Wuerm Wald.  For starters, here
>was the menu:

Yay!!!  Glad to hear all went well and sorry we (Paul and I) didn't make it
(real life and school and all that).  It sounds like the feast was a hit, I
was at the last feast Wurm Wald had and remember the scorched mashed
potatoes topping the "shephard's pies" (oogie).  The problem wasn't really
the cooks themselves, but the lack of support they got.  Few volunteers in
the kitchen, people trying to do too much with too little, etc.  Dessert
buffets were definitely a better choice until someone like you came along!

>One of the hardest things about doing this feast is that the Baron was
>very leery of doing a full feast.  Wuerm Wald hasn't actually done a full
>feast in about 7 years as the last time they did there was a slight fire

One of the other problems was that hardly anyone helped with kitchen
cleanup, (or site cleanup for that matter).  I remember dirty dishes and
counters and an oven that needed to be cleaned.  I hope that wasn't a
problem with you.

Good work, I'm looking forward to what you will come up with for the Slavic
Interest Group party at Pennsic....

Ilyana Barsova (Yana)
jdmiller2 at students.wisc.edu
http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2