SC - Gulf War

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 25 10:58:27 PST 1999

When I was very young we used to eat at a local pancake house that came
around to all the tables with apple fritters dusted with powdered sugar.
They were hot and very delicious.  However, they never served them all at
once as a dish, (they were not on the menu), they just sent around a few
waiters with trays of fresh fritters.  The waiters simply returned to the
kitchen for fresh ones when they ran out (which was usually very quickly).
Why not just serve the fritters continuously throughout the feast instead
of making it a course to be served at a specific time?  This will of course
depend upon having servers willing to keep mingling with the feasters and
someone to be the "fritter master" that keeps on frying up the yummy
things.  Could work....

Ilyana Barsova (Yana)
jdmiller2 at students.wisc.edu
http://www.sit.wisc.edi/jdmiller2

>For keeping fritters hot, I wonder if you could use an electric roaster
>on warm, or low, with the fritters in layers separated by paper towels,
>or brown paper?  Our Barony has 3 of the ovens, my Event Steward has 2,
>and a good friend has 3.  I'm not very experienced using them; used to a
>stove.  Would it work as a warmer?  Things shouldn't dry out under the
>glass lids, as they might in an oven, should they?  Has anyone done this?
>

>Regards,

>Allison
allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh, PA
Kingdom of Aethelmearc