SC - Gulf War

Mike Young uther at lcc.net
Mon Jan 25 17:01:23 PST 1999

(I would appreciate if people would also cross-send replies to me as well as the
list.  I get it as a digest and I want to be able to print the responses off.)

I'm looking for a recipe for Spanikopida *and* a recipe for various types of
fruit fillings that would go nicely in Filo dough.

I already know how to make Spanikopida, but in every one of my previous efforts
I've had someone who already knows and who knows well watching over my shoulder
and I'm just a little bit nervous.  Besides, it would be awfully good to have a
recipe, so, when I do something different it is intentionally different.

(like the mushrooms, I *know* mushroomsaren't supposed to be in Spanikopida, but they taste so yummy . . . )

As for fruit fillings, I was thinking canned peach sections sprinkled with a
little chopped walnut then wrapped up in the dough and sprinkling a little
brown sugar in between the layers when buttering.  But, I have *never* made
Filo dessert pastries and I definitely *need* some guidance on that.