SC - Soup Kitchen at Estrella (and other wars)

Shari Burnham pndarvis at execpc.com
Tue Jan 26 14:29:18 PST 1999

	In a message dated 1/19/99 7:51:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
	KatarinSCA at aol.com writes:

	<<  Before the concept of Vitamin C I presume?

	 Katarin >>

And Ras responded:

	Actually, the probable cause of the bad rep that tomatos carried up
until the beginning of this century when they were still viewed as a major
cause of cancer, is the fact that all parts of the plant except the fruit
are poisonous.

IIRC, the tomato is related botanically to the deadly nightshade, which may
have something to do with this as well as its reputation.

	It is, in fact, related botanically to deadly
	nightshade, and it *can* cross-pollinate with
	deadly nightshade if they are grown in close
	proximity as a garden.

	Therefore, there is the chance that once in a
	while, one might grow a truly deadly batch of
	tomatoes.

Berengaria

						---= Morgan

	           |\     THIS is the cutting edge of technology!
<mailto:Hablutzel at compuserve.com> Hablutzel at compuserve.com
	                   Morgan Cely Cain * Steppes, Ansteorra

	                     May God have mercy on my enemies
	                     For they shall certainly need it.

	      For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

                I intend to live forever -- so far, so good!