SC - Plantagentet Feast

The Cheshire Cat cheshire at southcom.com.au
Wed Jan 27 13:01:53 PST 1999

Most noble Mirhaxa,

I do not have the cake recipe with me (on-line at work) I will (if
requested) find the actual cake recipe and exact proportions.  The short
form is:

a cake (chocolate, ground nuts, flour, sugar, butter, eggs... I think) in
two layers
between the layers and also covering the entire cake:

Apricot Jam - melted and brushed all over (except the bottom ;-)  use this
to "glue" on
Marzipan - rolled out to about 1/8" thickness (don't forget to put a sheet
between the layers)
cover the whole thing with the best bittersweet chocolate you can get!.
Let it set up where the kids, roomies, and pets can not get to it.
Decorate with whatever you like (purchased stuff works fine, as do homemade
truffles, marzipan shapes,....  For my fathers latest birthday I used
marzipan brushed with powdered edible gold to make the numbers.  )

At dads suggestion I made this for my own most recent birthday too (OK, I
cheated, not a 0, but I wanted to WOW them), and transported it from Denver
to Berlin.  It arrived without a crack or blemish. <GRIN>... I have a
picture somewhere.  Will post unless y'all think it too tempting?

Gwen-Cat
Caerthe
(hoping she is not targeted for tooting her own horn)