SC - Breakfast

Thu Jan 28 07:42:27 PST 1999

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/28/99 7:25:29 AM Eastern Standard Time, Clay at talstar.com
> writes:
>
> << I find that if I just think of ingredients together I literally will be
> able to
>  taste same.  >>
>
> This is how it is with me also. I read a recipe and by the time I have
> finished with the directions , I know exactly how it will taste as a finished
> product. The nice thing about this is that you can adjust any problem in the
> recipe BEFORE you actually prepare it. It makes for a lot less 'yucky' end
> results and the greatest advantage is that I don't need to waste anything to
> know whether a recipe is good or not.

This reminds me of an ability one of my cooking teachers was adept at:
she could judge measurement and weight simply by sight and feel alone,
and was extremely precise and accurate. I've only become "OK" at this -
it seems to be especially handy when dealing with recipes that tell you
just to take a handful of such and such, or add just the right amount of
so and so.

I seem to be better at going to the supermarket the night before the
feast and judging the amount of a product I need to buy simply by sight
alone - sometimes an amazing task in those last few hectic hours before
the event starts!

Huen
- --
A Boke of Gode Cookery