SC - Facilities at Estrella

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jan 28 20:16:02 PST 1999

> Also it is kind of difficult to 'feel' the proper amount of baking powder
> in a
> bowl of cake dough unless I just don't have the knack for baking. ;-)

If you can "measure" a teaspoon of salt in the palm of your hand, you can
"measure" a teaspoon of baking powder.

> Which,
> by the way, I don't when it comes to desserts with the exception of fruit
> pies. Anyrthing else I can bake but desserts always burn, stay raw in the
> middle, fall flat or bubble over. :-(
>
> Ras

You must be using the scientific method -- experimentation. :-)

Seriously, chemical rising doughs are a real pain, because they are more
easily affected by outside conditions than yeast rising doughs.  Just take a
look at the last couple of cakes I baked.

Bear