SC - Hallo

Marian Deborah Rosenberg Marian.Deborah.Rosenberg at washcoll.edu
Fri Jan 29 15:25:16 PST 1999

Go one step further with that recipe: place several sheets of file dough brushed
with just a little butter, slice a wheel of brie so you have 2 circular sections
about the same thickness(I buy my brie in circles about  6" across) place apricot
preserves (jam or jelly does not taste as good) on the brie and place in the filo
dough with preserve side up.  place other section of brie on top, placing more
preserves on the top part of that brie, so the layering goes: filo dough, brie,
apricot preserves, brie, apricot preserves.  carmelize onions with a bit of
garlic and butter, then top the brie combo, and fold the filo dough around it.
bake until just a bit brown, and serve with granny smith apples and dark rye, I
prefer pumpernickel.  It was a good appetizer in my Vegetarian Times magazine,
I've made it for mundane dinners and as a take along, since you can make it but
not bake it, wrap it in foil, then take it to the hostesses house and heat n eat.