SC - Hildegard von Bingen

draiocht@earthlink.net draiocht at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 30 03:28:46 PST 1999

> Where does one get primary sources?  Haven't they been "out of print" for
> hundreds of years?
>
> --Kareina

The recipes on my site which I've redacted contain the original recipe
as it appears in the period source it comes from. Also with each recipe
there is the corresponding bibliography. Perhaps this can help you in
tracking down some of the sources you're looking for. His Grace is very
correct when he advises that we should always strive to work directly
from the primary source! You might also try going to:

http://www.foodbooks.com/medieval.htm

which can give you info on purchasing source material.

Huen
- --
A Boke of Gode Cookery
http://www.labs.net/dmccormick/huen.htm