SC - Grits

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 31 17:19:50 PST 1999

LYN M PARKINSON wrote:

> Genevia,
>
> WHAT in heaven's name is  Shrimp -n- Grits ...????  For breakfast?

Genevia must have been hitting "next", "Next" and no longer paying attention
to the topic. (I do that plenty often!)

> Allison, who has shrimp in her freezer and is not to be diverted from
> thoughts of garlic and butter...

Shrimp N Grits is a saute of shrimp, onions, bell peppers, that garlic
wouldn't hurt either. Serve over a "polenta" of cheese grits.  Trust me, you
do want to do this dish.

I understand that Bill Neal originated this at Crooks Corner Resteraunt in
Chapel Hill and it is in his cookbook "Southern Cooking".

Bonne