Organ meats (was SC - Hedgehogs)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Jan 2 18:19:24 PST 1999

Adamantius commented back on Dec. 17:

> Yum. I've also seen venison haggis recipes which feature heart meat,
> among other internal organs... .

In a quick check through the recipes in the haggis-msg file in my
Florilegium, I find that most of the haggis recipes, especially the
"traditional" ones do indeed include heart meat, whether from sheep
or other animals. One poster says that the term "lights" includes
the heart as well as the lungs while some recipes specify lights
and lungs.

Stefan
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net