SC - OOP- Yorkshire Pudding poof results

Mike and Pat Luco mikel at pdq.net
Wed Jan 6 15:39:12 PST 1999

I also tried Yorkshire pudding for our New Years dinner (cholesterol feast).  Using a few tablespoons of fat from the roast I followed the directions.  I poured it into the smoking cast iron skillet and put it in the oven.  The sides poofed over the top
of the skillet and browned well, but the center stayed low.  I guess the pan may not have been hot enough, or by pouring the cold mixture into the center lowered the temp to low for a successful poof, any Ideas?  Should I have let the mixture warm
slightly before placing into the pan?  I'll try again later after eating many bowls of Irish oatmel to get the cholesterol down again.

Interesting thought--  an Irish dish corrects what an English dish unbalances

Henri and Antea
Kingdom of Ansteorra, Barony Stargate
Purveyors of fine herbs and spices
http://www.hypercon.com/naturalhome