SC - Re: Limes

grasse at mscd.edu grasse at mscd.edu
Wed Jan 6 15:40:27 PST 1999

From: "Gretchen M Beck" <grm+ at andrew.cmu.edu>, on 1/6/1999 3:57 PM:
Margaret wrote:

"Excerpts from internet.listserv.sca-cooks: 6-Jan-99 Re: SC - Re: Limes
by grasse at mscd.edu
> Zitrone (in modern German) is Lemon

According to my dictionaries, it's also modern german for Citron."

Thank you Margaret,
If I use Alta-Vista translator that is also what comes up.  The usage I am
familiar (underline familiar) with is: Zitronat = citron;  Zitrone = lemon.
 It may be that Zitronat only refers to the candied version, which is all I
have ever seen/had.  I would love to get my hands on one of the fresh
Citrons that Drake described!

Gwen-Cat
Caerthe
(Who is going home now to rummage in her old dictionaries, German cookbooks,
 Mr. Rumpolt's Kochbuch, and have a glass of Limoncello.)