SC - Next Pennsic-OT-OOP-IMPORTANT

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Jan 7 08:23:14 PST 1999

> Yea and Tuchux garb and Mongol garb and Vampire fangs... It's MY GOD DAMN
> VACATION! The East and Mid and Aethelmarc Kingdoms can damn well say what is
> offensive and what is not. I will go dressed as I please. What if the future Queen
> of the Mid gets a bug up her ass and wants only Late period garb at war? I've been
> going since '83 and I'll be damn if some some bit of fluff on some hot sticks arm
> will define what I can and cannot wear to war ( I'm going late period anyways so
> it doesn't matter... ). What about the FAT WOMEN in bad fitting bodices who try
> and look sexy? THAT ISN'T OFFENSIVE?

> Badger Bagbane

Speaking as the Evil List Administrator first:

This subject has gone too far off the subject. Although this list is primarily
about and consists mostly of SCA cooks there are members of other groups and
interests subscribed here. I'm sure these people aren't interested in the niceties
of an off-topic SCA event. The discussion of the Pennsic policies has gone on long
enough. Take it private or to another list.

Secondly. Please remember that, as another list administrator put it so well, this
is basically a talk in my living room by people with similar interests. I will not
tolerate flames, insults, or derogotory comments. Remember your Guest rights as I
remember my Host rights.

Now, speaking as Baron Sir Gunthar Jonsson, heir to the Throne of Ansteorra:

Sara and I are working hard on keeping the Dream of Chivalry alive to the people
of our Kingdom. We have already stayed up late at night smoothing ruffled feathers,
making difficult decisions that will affect whole Baronies, and spending most of the
event at meetings instead of having fun with our friends. And we haven't even become
Crown yet. The Crown is more than a nice cookie for a "hot stick and a little bit of
fluff". Anyone who has talked with Sara knows she is far more than a pretty face. I
will not take insulting comments made about any Crown lightly.

Another thing. I, as a Knight of the Society, must take exception to the publicly made
comments about ladis. The comments would be rude to the people on this list regardless
if they were made to ladies or gentlemen but I have sworn to uphold the honor of all
ladies and I found your comments to be insensitive to many of the ladies on this list.

If you were trying to be funny. It failed.

Gunthar,
Evil List Administrator
Princeps Ansteorrae