SC - Which Hedgehogs????????

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Fri Jan 8 21:07:36 PST 1999

And it came to pass on 8 Jan 99,, that Mordonna22 at aol.com
wrote:

> Hold on, wait a minute.  I've only seen recipes on here for "yrchouns" or
> "hedgehogs", which are a kind of illusion food, appearing like hedgehogs,
> but not actually using hedgehog meat.
>
> Have I missed a good recipe?

Not that I know of.  I haven't been completely following the thread, I
confess.  Someone inquired about which cultures other than the
Romany ate actual hedgehogs.  I replied that hedgehogs are listed
in a period Spanish carving manual as edible critters, but that no
information was provided as to cooking method.

> Mordonna

Brighid

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)