SC - English venison

Deborah J Hammons aldyth at juno.com
Mon Jan 11 07:22:19 PST 1999

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999 01:36:18 -0500 Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com>
writes:
>Could be, I guess. I believe the situation in effect for many years
>now has been that it is illegal in the USA to sell wild game. You can
>hunt and eat all the game you want within the existing legal structure
in
>a given state, or you can buy farm-raised game animals (yes, a
>contradiction in terms, more or less, but what the hey) or parts
>thereof.

We have an annual feast here in Windkeep (Cheyenne, Wyoming) that
features wild game.  We had many questions about  our "selling" wild
game.  We get around it by the fact that all the game is donated.  They
seem to have different rules about such organizations as Ducks Unlimited,
or the Elk Foundation.  They have wild game feeds to raise funds here
with some regularity.  The really strange thing is that they usually
serve some of what they are trying to preserve.(And they are the farm
raised versions.  Health regulations up here prevent the restaurants from
bringing in anything but farm-raised and slaughtered animals/poultry).

Aldyth