SC - Clothing help for large women

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Jan 11 22:57:43 PST 1999

Leanna of Sparrowhaven mentioned:
>        BTW, I've been reading the posts about womens' clothing size
>        and fit.  I am a "giant, economy size," too.  I dress the way I
>        do for several reasons.  1.  I've only played a year and have
>        limited funds to spend on garb.  2.  Comfort/weather.  3.
>        Job(s) to be done while wearing,  and 4.  periodicity.  Since I
>        cannot judge the time someone has played in the SCA, I have to
>        believe the non-period or ill-fitting garb is being worn by
>        someone just joining the Dream, who needs guidance from someone
>        with more experience.

Leanna, you might find this file in the CLOTHING section of my Florilegium
to be of use:
clothing-L-msg    (33K)  9/29/98    Period clothing for large women.

Stefan
(Sorry folks that this message is a bit off the topic of this list, but
Leanna's address didn't seem to come through in a useable form. And
maybe others will find this useful, too.)
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
          http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html ****