SC - Re: Petits Propos Culinaires, was old world/new world foods

Cindy Renfrow renfrow at skylands.net
Thu Jan 14 06:30:14 PST 1999

>At 9:22 PM -0500 1/13/99, melc2newton at juno.com wrote:
>
>>Not to be ignorant but what does PPC stand for and if a periodical is it
>>readily available from most libraries.
>>
>>Thorbjorn
>
>Petits Propos Culinaires is an international journal on food, food history,
>cookery and cookery books. Inquiries should be addressed to PPC North
>America, c/o Jennifer & Nic Spencer, 5311 42nd St NW, Washington, D.C.
>20015. Currently a subscription costs $18 for one year (three issues).
>
>(from the Miscellany; I don't know if the address and price are still
>correct).
>
>I wouldn't expect most libraries to carry it.
>
>David/Cariadoc
>http://www.best.com/~ddfr/

Here is a post from Sept.? by Dame Alys with the current information:

To forestall the inevitable posts about where to get this lovely
pamphlet/booklet:

Cost for 3 issues (1 year): In the UK: 12 pounds; in the USA, $23.50. Cost
for 6 issues (2 years): In the UK: 23.50 pounds; in the USA, $45.

In the UK: 45 Lamont Road, London SW10 OHU. Make sterling cheques payable
to Prospect Books Ltd.

In the USA: same address as above. Make dollar cheques payable to PPC North
America.

In Canada: c/o Ann Semple, 1897 Prince of Wales Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2C
3J7. Make cheques payable to Ann Semple.

In Australia: c/o Barbara Santich, 13 King Street, Brighton 5048. Cheques
payable to Barbara Santich.

In New Zealand: c/o Helen Phare, PO Box 5775, Wellesley Street, Auckland.
Cheques payable to Helen Phare.

When PPC comes into my mailbox, my day is automatically brighter and my
bathroom stays become longer!

Alys Katharine

HTH,

Cindy/Sincgiefu