SC - First Feast--Festival of Maidens

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Sun Jan 24 15:15:23 PST 1999

>I had $300 to do the feast, it was limited to 80 people and I had no
>idea what the site looked like until four days before the feast.
>It was exciting.

	I bet.  That's the sort of excitment that makes you plan for
every contingency.

>Four days before the event I got to see the site.  I could move in.
>Four industrial ovens, twelve gas burners, movable work carts,
>sanitizer,industrial friges, the works.

	I am so jealous.  We regularly use a site with two ovens, 6
burners and a steam table for feasts of 150 - 300.

 >The regional MoAS was there, and said that from the outside the feast
>didn't seem to be late, and that the dishes came out in good time.  >She
said that any lagging was more than made up for by having the >hot dishes
come out Hot and not luke warm.

	Amazing what you can do with the proper equipment and tools for
the job.  Not to take anything away from your organizational skills,
which were surely working overtime, but it must have been nice to work in
a well-equiped kitchen.

>I know on what to work, and I have ideas for next time, but all
>in all I feel that the feast went well.
>
>Cu drag,
>Bogdan din Brasov

	Well, congratulations, it sounds like it was wonderful.  Good
luck on your next one.
	Mistress Christianna