SC - Re: sca-cooks- olive oil and bread?

Francesca Barozzi lady_francesca at juno.com
Sat Jan 30 17:32:19 PST 1999

Greetings unto everyone,
	I have a question.  I would like to have bread and olive oil in a
dish for bread dipping for part of one course at a feast.  Did people in
the middle ages dip their bread in olive oil the way we might today?  Has
anyone found documention for this?  Also if they did dip bread in olive
oil, would they ever put parmesan and pepper in the olive oil or did they
season they bread and dip in olive oil.  Also, garlic has been around a
long while, would people have roasted it and spread it on bread?  These
are probably dumb questions, but I wanted to ask in a place where I can
get a quick and accurate answer.  Thank you for your help!

Lady Francesca Barozzi
(Italian by persona, but not by birth :-)