SC - Grits

D. Clay-Disparti Clay at talstar.com
Sun Jan 31 05:25:21 PST 1999

When we lived in Connecticut I ordered grits at a restaurant, along with poached
eggs (I know, I know, but I like poached eggs!) bacon and rye toast.  The grits
were brought to me with butter and sugar and cream on the side long before the
rest of my breakfast arrived.  They were instant grits and the waitress, cooks,
et al were astounded I wanted hot grits with my meal...AND I put butter and salt
on them!!!  When ordering iced tea up there you also often will need to ask for
a glass of ice and a pot of hot water to make your own....it seems in many areas
during all but summer iced tea is "out of season".  Although it has been some
time since the War of Northern Aggression,  the North has been unable to
discover the wonderful way the South savors certain food items.

Isabella/Dee