SC - oop yorkshire pudding recipe needed!

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Jan 2 18:31:44 PST 1999

Korrin gave the following recipe for Yorkshire Pudding:

>         Yorkshire Pudding, or Popover Batter
>         1C milk
>         1C flour (measured after sifting)
>         1/2 t salt
>         1T melted fat
>         3 eggs
>         Mix only until blended & no large clumps. Pour over 1/4 C beef
> drippings in 8”X8”X2” pan & bake @ 450 F for 1/2 hour. Puncture to let
> off steam, let sit for 10 minutes. Cut into squares & serve.

While the title mentions this as a "Popover Batter" the directions given
are obviously for Yorkshire Pudding. Can someone tell me how to use this
ingredient list to make popovers? I remember having some wonderful
popovers each time we went to a seafood resturant across from Dallas'
Love Field airport called Jays around thirty years ago.

These were very similar to Gwen-Cat's description of "tall and puffy and
crisp on the outside, but still soft and rich on the inside". They were
cooked in muffin tins and I think had some chopped, green things in them,
probably green onions. Part of their distinctive taste, I'm beginning to
think might have been the "1T melted fat" mentioned above, as well.

Thanks.
   Stefan
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net