SC - Bread

Margo Hablutzel Margo.Hablutzel.margolh at nortelnetworks.com
Mon Jan 4 08:59:03 PST 1999

I think that near as anybody knows, bread recipes have not survived until
very late in period.  Eleanor Fettiplace is one who provides a few.  I tried
a new one this weekend for West Kingdom 12th Night; I was going to try to
give some to TRM who had requested munchies, but never figured out where the
Royalty Room was or to whom to give them, so the rolls were happily eaten by
many friends and random passers-by.   I do not have primary source, but the
one I read said the receipt originally was in the notebooks of a
late-16th-Century Italian nun, Maria Teresa Somethingorother (it's not
here).  The name of the item is "Drowned Chiambelle" (sp may be off) and
they really are like miniature bagels seasoned with anise.  Quite yummy, and
not sweet.

The cranberry fudge I also made was a hit at New Year's Eve parties, but it
is obviously well OOP.

- ---= Morgan