SC - Bread

Donna Hrynkiw donna at Kwantlen.BC.CA
Tue Jan 5 12:24:01 PST 1999

Greetings from Elizabeth,

On Thu, 31 Dec 1998, Bonne of Traquair wrote:
> The winter I committed myself to learning to bake bread, I worked
> closely with a book called "Breadtime Stories".
> Bonne

By Susan Jane Cheney, formerly baker at the Moosewood Restaurant. Subtitled:
"A Cookbook for Bakers and Browsers".

Published originally in 1989 (or 1991) by Ten Speed Press of Berkeley,
this book appears to be newly back in print (Aug 1998). The title has
changed slightly to: "Breadtime: A Down-to-Earth Cookbook for Bakers
and Bread Lovers".

It's been expanded too; the original was 257 pages, the new one is 340.

Powell's has it for $21.95, Amazon for $17.56. (Search for just "Breadtime"
at Amazon.)

Hmmm. "Six Thousand Years of Bread" is also available... Thanks for
the pointer and description Bonne. I feel the need to spend some of that
Christmas $$ Grandmother sent. ;-)

E.B.