SC - Sour sourdough bread

Diana L Skaggs/prsnl/busfin/Okstate diana_l_skaggs/prsnl/busfin/okstate_at_okstate at okway.okstate.edu
Wed Jan 6 06:09:29 PST 1999

       Stacie,

       IIRC, it's what you feed your starter and how long you let it
       sit between uses that makes the bread more sour.  I only put
       sugar in the starter if it got too sour.  When I was baking
       regularly, I kept more starter on hand and left it out on the
       cabinet a day or two longer.  I'm getting ready to activate
       some starter that a cook's list friend sent me last month.
       Good luck.
       Leanna of Sparrowhaven
       mka Diana Skaggs
       Shire of Mooneschadowe