SC - Re: Eat well, well to do?

Brenna sunnie at exis.net
Sat Jan 9 19:26:10 PST 1999

> I remember reading in the newspaper recently that the health authorities
> in the United Kingdom were trying (with only limited success) to get the
> Scots to eat more vegetables. Apparently the Scots eat the least amount
> of vegetables and fruit of any people in the industrial world. Not
> surprising thinking of the weather and climate of Scotland. And the
> government thinks more vegetables and fruit would increase the Scots
> life expectancies.

I met two delightful ladies from England while on a cruise in Dec who told me an
incredible thing.  They said that while their American husbands hunt deer, and
they prepare the venison for their families to eat, they don't eat it themselves.
They never aquired a taste for it because in England only the royal family may eat
deer.  Anyone know if this is true or if they were just pulling my leg?  They
sounded very sincere about it.

Brenna