SC - Was Eat well, well to do Now-Deer

KatarinSCA at aol.com KatarinSCA at aol.com
Mon Jan 11 14:02:00 PST 1999

Greetings All-

In Ohio, we produce massive amounts of field corn (livestock feed).  As a
result, we are deluged with white tail deer.  The Metro Parks in Columbus and
Cleveland have been trying to shoot them (even out of season) with marksmen
and give the meat to homeless groups, but a few wildlife and nature groups
have been going crazy.  It's happened a couple of times anyway.  They've even
come up with a birth-control dart to shoot the does with that lasts a year!
We have LOTS of car accidents involving them, but hardly anyone keeps the meat
(All you have to do it call the Sherriff and have him right you a permit when
he comes to the scene of the accident.  The driver of the car gets first dibs,
then anyone who saw it or the dead deer can request it).  Anyway, you can't
drive 5 miles of freeway in this state without seeing on the side of the road.
It's really a shame in so many ways.

Katarin