SC - Period Scottish Source?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Jan 11 20:01:44 PST 1999

Acanthusbk at aol.com wrote:

> Sorry I'm piping up now, in the middle of this thread...the book you're
> speaking of, Sara Paston-Williams' _Book of Historical Recipes_, is a nice
> little book but not a source for period Scottish recipes. English, yes, Scots,
> no. Actually published by the English National Trust.

That was kind of what I was driving at. It seemed to me that if this was
a hitherto undiscovered (or at least not tapped by the SCA) source, it
was a bit of a coincidence that the recipe we'd been discussing was
pretty nearly identical to an English recipe from 11 years previous. One
possibility that came to mind, at the time, was that Thomas Dawson's
"Good Housewive's Jewel" had been republished, 11 years later, in Scotland.

Any idea on how it came to be represented as being published by, or
from, the Scottish National Trust? That's a whale of a typo.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com