SC - Meridies' Grand Chef

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Thu Jan 14 10:48:39 PST 1999

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999 21:34:39 -0500 Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com>
writes:

>Doesn't Meridies have an award/order known as the Grand Chef (or
>something along those lines)? This was vaguely described to me years
>ago, and one of the requirements, as I recall, was a wide spectrum of
>cooking styles and time periods. While not real specific, it suggests
>to me that a fairish amount of research would be called for, and
>therefore one could justify cookery, at least to some extent, as an art
>rather than a service. Or in addition to... .
>
>Adamantius, Cooking Laurel™ (void where prohibited, offer not good
>after curfew in sectors R or N)
<snip>

Boogie -- you're right about the Grand Chef info, except that there are
only 21 dishes required. Seven different cultures are required, and a
soulety or illusion food is suggested, but not required.
The candidate must personally season each dish as well.
Tipperith
(who just completed a Grand Chef Feast, sans the nervous breakdown)

The Grand Chef feast was created many years ago by Sir Robert Hightower,
a wonderful cook and hell-of-a-nice guy.  Since then, many others have
decided to try their hand at accomplishing this feat, and certain rules
and guidlines have been set down for it.  It is not an official order or
award, folks just do it because they want to, and are judged by others
that have gone before them and been successful.  (Yes, there have been a
few that failed.)  By all accounts, Mistress Tippereth's recent feast was
most wonderful.
Mistress Christianna MacGrain