SC - source for Salsify

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Jan 15 19:27:59 PST 1999

In a message dated 1/15/99 5:17:44 PM Eastern Standard Time, him at gte.net
writes:

<< Where does one get the roots of salsify and are they still in season in
May?

I get mine at Giant Market and I grow them. :-) I doubt that they would still
be available in May. They have a lonnnnnnnggggg growing season (approximately
120 days) and are pretty much seasonal. You might discuss it with the produce
manager at your market or talk to the produce people at Wegman's. Wegman's
will order stuff for you that they don't normally carry (e.g. eels) You might
be able to purchase them now. Clean them, slice them and blanch them then put
them in the freezer for later use. They freeze really well.

Ras