SC - Venison sausage-update

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Jan 16 07:02:52 PST 1999

I thought you might want to know that the Venison sasage experiment was a
success. I served them at 12th Night with the other meats by boiling them for
15 mins. and serving them with a mustard horseradish sauce on the side. Out of
4 dozen sausages there were 2 left in the dish. :-)

For those who are going to ask for it or forgot to save the original post I
have included the recipe below again. Enjoy.:-)

Ras

<< Venison Sausage

- -
 --

 Ingredients
 15 pounds venison, cut into chunks and strips
 7 pounds lean ground pork
 1 whole deer liver, fried until half done
 1 whole deer heart, cut into chunks
 1/4 cup brown sugar
 2 tablespoons white pepper, ground
 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
 3 medium onions, cut into eigths
 2 tablespoon nutmeg, ground
 4 tablespoons dried sage
 2 tablespoon black pepper
 1 tablespoon Garlic powder
 1 tablespoon mace, ground
 1 tablespoon Ginger, ground
 3 tablespoons mustard seed, ground
 1/2 cup salt
 1 quart cold water
 3 Eggs

 Run  venison, liver, heart and onions through the grinder twice. Mix all the
 ingredients together until very well blended.Run through the grinder again
 with sausage funnel attached, filling casings. Make links in stuufed casings
 every 4 inches.

 In a large pan heat 2 or 3 inches of water to about 175 deg.  Immerse
sausages
 in water. and cook until internal temperatures reach 150 deg F. Drain. Cut
 links apart. Cool. Package and store in the refirherator or freeze until
ready
 to use.