SC - Frumenty Recipes

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Jan 18 08:36:40 PST 1999

Anne-Marie Rousseau wrote:

> you cook the barley in the milk, I believe (deleted the orignian message,
> sorry!)
> stir the raw eggs into the cooled cooked barley, bag it up. the heating
> process will cook the eggs and you wont get scrambled eggs.
> --AM

Presumably the vegetable broth is mixed with the milk before cooking. Do
we need to emphasize that the cooked barley should be cooled until
_cold_ before the raw egg is stirred in? We don't want anything that
might be in those eggs to have a chance to incubate for more than an
hour, maximum. I'm sure most of us realize this, but we prolly ought not
to take it for granted.

Adamantius, troublemaker par excellence
- --
Phil & Susan Troy