SC -Period Food Debate

Deborah J Hammons aldyth at juno.com
Mon Jan 18 09:12:53 PST 1999

Gentles of the list.  I have been on and off (no personal comments
please) since the list started.  I might have missed a discussion on
period foods, so I appologize in advance.  I am trying to put together a
list of foods acceptable to the "general" populace that are probably
period, to help brand new cooks on their way.  My dilemna is this.  It
seems that most of the information I have refers to cultivated crops
instead of what might have occurred naturally.  Is there a book out there
somewhere that actually lists what "gatherers" had to work with?

Aldyth
Windkeep, Outlands
Aldyth at juno.com