SC - Perforated or covered vessel?

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Wed Jan 20 00:22:18 PST 1999

>> Note that in many similar dishes the meat is boiled and teased apart
with the fingers, which gives the cook a fair amount of control over the
texture of the finished dish. What other cooking utensils have their own
built in nerve endings/biofeedback systems? But in this case the meat is
ground, presumably pounded in a mortar. Yes, it's possible to get the
meat nice and smooth, but a final straining couldn't hurt. <<

I did note that the Blank maunger just before it had the meat 'teased'
and this was ground.  That's why I didn't just skip the directions for
the pot.  One of Sabina Welser's recipes has the food looking like worms,
and I wondered if any of you knew whether that was what 'Cury' was going
for.  Well, an extra straining, and then clap on the cover!

Thanks for the input!

Regards,

Allison
allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh, PA