Vastly OT, OOP - Re: SC - New pet peeve

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 21 18:48:56 PST 1999

> >Of course, where I come from there are those who would maintain the
> >correct form is "youse".
>
> I thought it was "youse guys."

As I told someone else in private conversation, I grew up in an area of the
south that already had northerners moving in, my brothers and I and our born
yankee raised southern friends said "y'all guys", which suitably irritated all
our parents.

Bonne
(who is sorry she started this and swears never again, on any list, to comment
in any way about the word y'all and will let ya'll pass without comment.)