SC - filo dough

Diana Haven tantralya at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 27 16:46:03 PST 1999

>Tara Sersen wrote:
>>=20
>> I thought a strudel dough was more like a sweet bread dough than a
>> pastry, like filo.  My grandmother's description of making it is to
tur=
>> the dough out on the center of the bedsheet-covered table on which
>> you'll be preparing it, invert a bowl over it, and leave it to rise.
>> After you punch it down, you stretch it rather than roll it like you
>> would a pastry.  Traditionally, you stretch it until it reaches the
>> floor on all sides of the table, then pick up the edge of the sheet
>> roll the dough up, leaving you with about a six or eight foot long
>> strudel which you cut into sections to bake.

I had posted an apple strudel recipe on this list a while ago...and the
dough comes out like a phyllo dough.  very nice and buttery.

That may be what you are looking for.  Ask Stefan if he has a copy.  He
may or someone else may have kept it

Diana

Everywoman is a Goddess.  Everyman is a God.  We are all
equal, so get over yourself!