SC - serrated knive blades

The Cheshire Cat cheshire at southcom.com.au
Wed Jan 27 20:37:33 PST 1999

>not when I use my nicely sharp sabatier 6" utility knife. Or my Wusthof 11"
>french, or my other 6" sabatier utility, or....I have even successfully used a
>cleaver very gently...and we wont ever mention using my champions sword to
>slice
>the melons...
>margali

I use my Machete(sp?) for all sorts of slicing/cutting purposes.  It used
to be my Fathers hunting knife until I found it, sterilized it, sharpened
and polished it and a friend put a new handle in it to go with the theme of
the SCA. It's a nice size so I don't lose it, keeps it's edge REALLY well
and people also says it looks impressive and a little intimidating when
they wander into the kitchen to see me chopping carrots or something else
with that bloody big knife!!! I like to make an impression!
- -Sianan