SC - My Kid Won A&S for COOKING!

L. Herr-Gelatt liontamr at ptd.net
Thu Jan 28 06:31:50 PST 1999

Hallo!

Just had to brag a bit...My 7 year old Corinne (a/k/a Coco, a/k/a Mary nic
Ghille Brighde) won an A and S competition this weekend for children. She
made Orange Wafers (a sugar candy) from a Hannah Glasse recipe. I'm so
Proud! It could have been that she stood by her entry offering samples to
all and sundry and batting those big brown eyes......It was judged by bean
count after all. She's a bright kid who understands the concept of
"stacking the deck" with good food and cuteness, I guess.......

Her big sister Meghan (Elizabeth nic Ghille Brighde), aged 10, took
second---a red embossed velvet tippet dress for a Barbie Doll. The dress
has a fleur-de-lis embossed on the front skirt panel. Very nice. She was
also awarded the first ever baronial children's award, (called,ironically,
the Barnacle, which is apparently a medieval torture device) in thanks for
her efforts outside the Barony helping in kitchens, espescially at the
Crown Tourney won by TRH Dorinda and Cygnus. She made all the pastry
garnishes and helped out all day, finally serving high table as a reward
for her efforts. What a great kid!

So, as Moms go, I can die a happy woman. Just as soon as I work out that
next feast.....

Aoife, swelled with pride

Dame Aoife Finn
Barony of Endless Hills