SC - Breakfast

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Thu Jan 28 16:42:25 PST 1999

In a message dated 1/28/99 7:41:59 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
a14h at zebra.net writes:

>  Ya'll ever try grit-fritters?

Well, some people do slice cold leftover grits and fry in lard or bacon fat,
but I never did it.  Like my grits too well warm to have any leftovers to get
cold.
In re the earlier discussion on how to serve porridge, in my part of the
world, grits were served with salt and butter.  Period.  Was shocked and
embarrassed once when a Yankee cousin put grape jelly on hers.  Learned a bit
more tolerance over the years, but still haven't learned to eat grits sweet.

Mordonna