SC - Vinha d'ahos

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sat Jan 30 19:21:35 PST 1999

>We'd like to prepare this for the SCA, but we are clueless as to where to
>find Iberian/Portuguese period documentation. Can anyone point us to
>references?

There is a 13th c. Andalusian cookbook, translated from the Arabic by
Charles Perry, included in volume II of the collection of source material I
sell; eventually it will also be on my web site.

There is a 15th c. Portuguese cookbook, published as _Um Tratado da Cozinha
Portuguesa Do Seculo XV_, but no readily available English translation.

There are a number of Spanish cookbooks, but I don't think any have been
translated yet, although some may be in progress.

Hope that helps.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/